Wednesday 5 May 2010

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...apparently!

Being a trend setter is great. Everyone wants to be an innovator and not a follower, but whilst it's great to stand out in a crowd, one of the disadvantages of being distinclty different is that people want to copy you. Just look at Madonna, Michael Jackson, Jedward and the like. It's flattering when people like what you do, but when it comes down to business there are rules about this stuff!

As an envelope in the field I get out and about quite a lot. I love meeting other businesses, I even love meeting other accountants when there is a mutual respect for eachother's market! What makes me absolutely purple with rage (although you could never tell) is when other accountants steal my ideas!


Sadly this is not a new occurance. Over the years I've sent out many a letter to naughty folks stealing our hard work. This can range from copying text from our website and tweaking it for their own purposes, to copying our packages and services, to actually pretending to be us!


The thing is, there's only one Mr P and my alliances lie firmly with my employers Mazuma. I know that I'm in demand, many have tried to woo me over the years with the promises of a bigger letter tray, special delivery postage or my own PA (paper assistant), but the fact is that Mazuma were the first to see my potential and envelop me into their world.


So, to all you cheeky scamps who think that you can slip under my radar; be warned! Pilfering text from our website is not just naughty, lazy and unimaginative, it's also illegal! If you care enough to start your own business then at least care enough to come up with your own ideas. We care about our intellectual property and if you nick it, you might just have a rather angry little envelope through your letterbox very quickly!


Over and Out!


Mr P

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment